Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weds, 17th Sept 2008

Did I go on an edamame bender at Excapade? Or did someone buy this for me from across the seas? No, no, no - but good food must always be shared so here are the rest of my precious beanz which I bought from Guan Hock Lee (in Batu Bersurat). I bought 6 packets but I went in again today and they have plenty in their freezers...

Little glistening jewels of green edamame - healthy, nutritious and a great snacky snack.

All you have to do is take them out of the freezer, rinse briefly to remove excess ice, bung into microwave for 3 minutes and sprinkle a little salt over them - serve immediately.

pssst - it is a LOT cheaper than those of the exact quality served in that rather well known Japanese restaurant....

2 comments:

princess said...

Thanks for the plug on GHL :D

Anonymous said...

Hello princess - I really love the store, your buyers know their stuff :-) and I found squid ink pasta today! I also bought some sashimo on Weds - it was lovely lightly fried. E.