Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sun, 7th Sept 2008 - Day 2

While waiting to board, I took this pic and I wasn't the only one doing so.

There are 3 entrances to get into the aircraft.

My seat and later with the seat folded down into a flat bed - there is another bigger pillow and a large blanket behind the seat. Cabin crew always offer to turn down your bed but its easy to do it yourself.

The footrest - I read Her World, Vanity Fair & a techie magazine.

The flight departed at 2330 hrs and dinner was served an hour later. The menu.

Starter was a seared tuna with salad; for my main course I chose wanton roast pork noodles and dessert was a slice of cheesecake. See how good I am - no wine in sight!

After dinner and the settling down ritual (teeth brushing/remove make-up, etc) I settled down for a kip and woke up 5 hours later! With almost 5 hours to kill before touch-down, I watched Sex and the City. (I cried watching this -am I the only one? When sweet and demure Charlotte turned on Big like a ferocious mother tigress protecting her cub, Carrie, oooh the tears welled up).... *maybe the handbags made me slightly emotional to start with*

Breakfast - Fruit, Croissant, Cereals, and an Omelette. The tables are thoughtfully set at higher level to avoid food spillage. It's actually positioned just at lower-chest level and not thigh level as usual.

All bags/suitcases arrived safely, my bed for tonight and on 11th. It was slightly drizzly with grey skies when I arrived - about 14degrees.
Ok shops will open in almost 2 hours; so I will freshen up, pop downstairs to check-out the breakfast, then walk the whole 5 minutes into the High Street.
p.s Ate very little on flight. (By little I mean, a scoop of this and that - although I did have half my omelette and the sausage and half of the cheesy potato bake).
p.p.s Free inroom internet - woohoo.

No comments: