Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tuesday, 2nd Sept 2008 - Day 9

Selamat Berpuasa to all Muslim readers and wishing all of you a peaceful & blessed Holy Month of Ramadhan.
Respectfully, I will now proceed and continue with food posts.....
Breakfast - Lots of papaya & a boiled egg.
Lunch - Mee Sua Vegetable Soup with Fish Cake and Seaweed & a sliver of Yam mooncake.
I only had my lunch at almost 3 pm after shopping at the Mall and for the first time since I started my diet, I was definitely light-headed from lack of food? sugar? I was very glad to be home tucking into hot soupy noodles after the shopping trip.
I bought this packet of Japanese seasoned seaweed from Utama Grand (yes, I braved the crowds and was in the Mall today), it gave the soup a lot of flavour (read msg) - it was delicious! I think its particularly good sprinkled over bland foods (porridge and plain vegetable broths).

Dinner - 2 huge plates green salad (with homemade balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing) and a bit of Light Salad Cream, a tablespoon of brown rice & a piece of steamed chicken breast, papaya.
Weight Loss - ??
Yoga - Yes (6th class)
Kids' Dinner
I made a Chicken with light cream sauce for my children's dinner tonight; with sliced chicken, bacon strips, onions, fresh white mushrooms and peas. Instead of using cream which not only is fattening but also astronomically expensive now, I made a light roux using a tablespoon of butter, double the amount of flour & milk, seasoned with mixed herbs, parsley, salt and black pepper. The sauce was served over pasta.

No comments: