Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mon, 8th Sept 2008

Pre-dinner drinks.
Starters and menu - I had the scallops (tiny) and these were from the small starter buffet. The snakey looking coils on the picture on the right are herrings.. hehe.

Menu

The bread was excellent.
Salad - the chips were great - great chunky pieces I would have loved a tub of mayo to dip these into but was too shy to ask. Maybe tonight, maybe (as its a bigger crowd and I might sneak a request in without being noticed). The steak was a major disappointment. I had to return it as it was overdone and I had to endure jokes of what was happening to my next steak in the kitchen. Oh well, a bit of red wine will kill any germs introduced into my food by offended chefs I like to think!
Dessert to share - a Grand Marnier souffle which was more an ice-cream/cream. Yes, it was cold.
The long road home. The rest went on to post dinner drinks - I decided to retire after dinner, I enjoyed ironing my clothes for the following day, and washing little items in the basin. Drapping damp clothes over a radiator is so unsightly but everything dries overnight which is great. I must confess I even washed the black polo neck top I wore last night and it's bone dry now - oh no, my skin.... I think more night cream is in order.
p.s It is now 6.31 am here, been up since 3 am; and 1.31 pm in Brunei. I'm tired and have 3 tough days ahead.
p.p.s Red wine/bread/meat/potatoes = b.l.o.a.t.e.d.

No comments: