Thursday, February 14, 2008

Vancouver - 2007

There are several reasons why I want to go to Vancouver one day. I want to see my sister, niece and nephew and their dad, UD, whom I have not seen in 2 years. But also because of:
Crispy fresh fish and chips.
Look at the bags of potatoes by the shop;
none of those frozen powdery chips served here.
I think a heavy dose of malt vinegar and plenty of SALT will do the trick for me.
Fresh seafood,
On the table with buttery soft steak, simply marinated and grilled.
and I want to cook on this industrial stove - introducing my other sister who lives there - Cm. Why am I as huge as a house when my two elder sisters are thin as rakes? It's really not fair. So I'll just blame it on a sluggish metabolism.

Live sea crabs cooked with spring onions and ginger.

Mustn't forget wine found in ABUNDANCE in Vancouver.
And Chinese restaurants which serve squid as huge and as tender looking as these,

AND PEKING DUCK.....................................
All pictures taken by PT who never fails to whip out his camera to take photos for my blog when I'm not present at some meals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fish & chips you see in that photo was taken at Steveston dock in Richmond. Great fish & chips yes! But the best still has to be Fremantle, Perth where you get to choose a variety of fresh fish to eat. They'll fillet it, dip it in beer-batter, and fry it to perfection.

Foodie Tales said...

Wow, that sounds fabulous! E.