Friday, February 8, 2008

Chinese New Year 2008 - Part 8

Busy day today - just a little sneak peek into tomorrow's menu. A potato, tuna and egg salad topped with beef rashers and spring onions.
I will add more crunchy beef rashers tomorrow for extra flavour.
The base of something good (I hope) - dried shrimp, belachan, chillies and others.
And Mark helping me to fry a stack of paper thin omelettes which I have sliced finely and kept tightly sealed in the fridge. A sudden spurt of creativity saw me adding finely diced spring onions into the egg batter to create quite a nice effect.
ok, that's all I'll post for the timebeing!

4 comments:

Senor Pablo said...

Wow!! I'm looking forward E..

Senor Pablo said...

E! I'm hogging your comment box again! hahaa. Thank you to u n WM for being gracious Hostess today! We had a most wonderful time, excellent food and company as well. We would love to stay longer but it seems your house is everyone's favourite today! hahaa. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed the food today E. And I still can't get over how well the chilli oil went with the mee hoon, yum yum... Thanks for inviting us and I hope you're not too worn out with all the cooking and entertaining. Everything was top notch as usual!

Foodie Tales said...

Hello Pablo - thank you too for coming with Bunny and the family. Glad you enjoyed the food! And thank you for the hazelnut cakes for Hazel. Bye for now.E.

Hi Hi Alina - thank you for coming today with L, your children and your parents - I was very happy to see them all. Will get you a bottle of that chilli oil next time I go to HK. Thank you for the gorgeous dessert set! I love it.. LuvE p.s I was a bit tired yesterday but was so happy to see so many people enjoying themselves in my home, it didn't matter one bit.