Thursday, February 14, 2008

Duck Stew - Thurs, 14th Feb 2008

I'm happy as my duck stew was pretty successful and quite delicious. Between 4 adults and 2 children, we polished off the entire plate. It was a pretty good duck, nice and meaty. It will make a magnificent roast, I think.
Other dishes on the dinner table included a fillet of red snapper which the kids loved and 2 types of vegetables.
Fish fillet with sauce served separately.
Cabbage with dried shrimp, chillies, garlic, shallots and belachan.

I let the duck stew in the gravy till it was completely heated through, and took it out of the pan to allow it to cool slightly so that it could be cut up. Then I reduced the gravy, skimmed off most of the oil and poured some gravy over the duck and served the rest in a pan for those who want more with their rice.

No comments: