Monday, February 25, 2008

Day 7 and 8

Day 8
As it was the last day, we had some refreshments on the bus back to the hotel. We had 50,000 visitors today (and 40,000 yesterday) and I think more than half of them must have come round asking for pins, etc.
Later that evening, S, C & I went to China Town for a walkabout/dinner and some shopping ( I bought 3 table runners (gold/purple/green $10 for all and each was 2 m in length in organza with gold whorls and lovely tassels - perfect for Christmas); we continued our true Singapore experience by catching the train to Serangoon Road to show S Mustapha's (I bought a tablecloth - Yippee).


The food was extremely high in MSG - I had an awful thirst after the meal and had to have a lot of water to dilute the taste.
Day 7
I went to the East Coast again for dinner with the girls and one young man and because I had 20 minutes to spare before I met them, I dashed up to 31st to have two glasses of Taittinger.

We had 2 plates of black pepper crab, fried chicken,

kailan with oyster sauce, sambal prawns, beef with ginger/spring onions,

asparagaus with garlic and steamed seabass.
I really enjoyed the asparagus and the black pepper crabs, but the rest of the food was pretty mediocre; nothing to shout about.

You can guess we were extremely full after that, and S and I went to 31st again for a night cap before retiring.

I was up and out by 8.30 pm today (Day 9) to do my medically bits (with no panic attack this time; I really love my doctor).

No comments: