Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 9

Last day today - woke early at 6.40 am and breakfast was at the door 5 minutes later. My daily breakfast since Day 2.

Did my MRI which was pretty uncomfortable with my head strapped down and completely immobile for a good 45 minutes - I made them push me in and out of the chute (can't think of a better name) several times before I agreed for the procedure to start and they talked to me throughout the entire process, they kept telling me how well I'm doing and that really helped a LOT. Collected reports after 1.5 hours and popped over to see my good doc after lunch.

I walked from Paragon to Lucky Plaza to Tangs to Wisma Atria to Borders to Robinsons to Le Meridien Shopping Arcade, although not necessarily in that order as I'm not very good at directions and can't remember the order exactly.

I had lunch at Food Republic AGAIN for yes, you guessed it, Hokkien noodles.

Back to the hotel at 4.55 pm, had some champagne on 31st and ventured to Suntec for some last minute shopping.
This is a typical spread served on the 31st floor lounge everyday from 5 to 11 pm.

Dinner - chicken rice from Boon Tong Kee, who has a small outlet in Suntec Food Court. It was delicious. But still pretty msg-y. I've had 4 cups of tea and will have another in bed.

I think that just about covers my entire trip - I'm all eaten out - all I want when I get home is a light vegetable broth; and will be vegetarian till the weekend.

Till tomorrow, kiddies - your mummy will be home. Huggy time!

1 comment:

emy said...

For the best chicken rice, do remember to check out the Tian Tian Chicken Rice stall in Maxwell Market (in Chinatown area). My hubby and I are ardent fans!


Also, thanks for sharing a lot of your great recipes!