Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 5

I had dinner with C tonight, at Food Republic where we were the night before (when I only had a takeaway). This time we had 10 (ten) BBQ chicken wings - can you see the chilli sauce on the side - it took almost 3 mugs of steaming hot lemon water, a lot of srubbing of the skin and body lotion as well as perfume and aromatic hair spray to rid the smell and of course, Fisherman's Friends.

Here was where the delicious wings were from.


An almost step by step to Singapore Hokkien noodles (extreme non-halal) with their bit of artery clogging fried LARD.


An absolutely smashing dinner I had last night at Food Republic. I had a lovely hokkien fried noodles which is noodles (white/yellow) braised in a prawn stock with fried eggs, garlic, various sauces, squid, prawns, vegetables, chillies and the deadly little crunchy bits of lard.

This is a large portion which cost $8. As I queued for almost half an hour, I thought I would make the wait worthwhile.

My usual breakfast - watermelon, papaya and mango with lots of sliced lemons.