Thursday, October 4, 2007

Weds, 3rd Oct 2007

With exams fast approaching after the Raya holidays, I usually put in a little extra effort to ensure that my kids are well and healthily fed with meals they enjoy eating. I just feel that they will be more ready mentally if their tummies are full of lovingly prepared food (Back to the Indo mees after the exams, kids, so make the most of Mum's efforts now ;D - wicked cackle).

So here are some chicken kebabs which I made for dinner last night.

Mixture of chicken breasts and drumstick, with onions, red peppers & mushrooms, marinated with grainy mustard, parsley, chopped garlic, salt & pepper, light soy, assorted herbs & olive oil.
I made a light basting liquid of water, honey, grainy mustard, light soy and rosemary to brush over the kebabs while frying.
They were browned slowly on the griddle. I didn't want the garlic to burn as I used the same pan to toss the pasta (with garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil and a bit of pasta water) - a loose version of aglio olio) after the kebabs were cooked.
All my after pics were fuzzy so I can't post any up (this camera is going, it really is).
I sat down down and watched Hazel like a hawk, to ensure she ate all the vegetables, which she did except the onions. Well done, girl.

No comments: