Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sat, 13th Oct 2007

Today must be one of the craziest days ever; woke early as usual, tuned in to Pilihan FM as usual, and almost immediately WON one of their contests; a night's stay at the Sheraton Utama Hotel, with breakfast for 2, with reflexology sessions for 2 and 2 Sunday Splash tickets at the Empire Hotel. All these at 6.20 am.

Then got up, showered, dressed, and started pottering around, still istening in to Pilihan to DJs Izan & Frankie and their team as they went about Brunei making 5 lucky people's dreams come true in Pilihan's Dreams Come True Contest. ( I had written in sometime in September ).
Suddenly I heard my name mentioned on the radio; the team were downstairs and they couldn't find my unit! I ran down and saw this entire bunch of wonderful people, some of them dressed in the most amazing costumes come running towards me, yelling & screaming that I had won. Naturally, I joined in the yelling.

DJ Izan then announced that I was one of the winners (out of 2000 people who had written in), and a quick interview was conducted. For those of you who caught me on the radio, I am sorry I sounded like a total lunatic - I promise you I really truly am not.

Here is the team, who came up for drinks, pineapple tarts and Wm's poppyseed cake.

And the prize - oh my god - the prize. Let me tell you about it.


I get to spend 3 days under the tutelage of the Executive Chef of the Empire Hotel in their kitchens, then cook a meal at their Spaghettini's Restaurant for 4 chosen guests ( I know whom one of them will be ).....
Here is their note to me.
Two fantabulous prizes in one day - it's almost too much for me to take in.

Lily, and San San the Genie with Hazel.

THANK YOU DJ IZAN AND HER TEAM AT PILIHAN RADIO, THE EMPIRE HOTEL, LILLI LINGERIE (LILY YONG), HOME ACCENT (DORIS WONG), HSBC AND EVERYONE ELSE WHOSE NAME/s I HAVE NOT MENTIONED FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE.
Yup, this young (at heart and mind) lady here age xx still have a lot of unaccomplished dreams and one of them have just come true.

My dearest readers, please stay tuned, when the time comes, I will blog about my experience in the Empire Hotel's kitchen (pending approval from their management)...
SELAMAT HARI RAYA TO ALL AGAIN.

14 comments:

anakbrunei said...

WOW! Congratulations E! What a wonderful surprise and I couldnt think of a more deserving apprentice for the folks at the Empire kitchen! Way to go E! Looking forward to reading ALL about the experience!

Foodie Tales said...

Reeda - thank you for your support - I'm excited and nervous at the same time, but really am looking forward to the experience. E.

Tina D said...

LOL! Congratulations!

I was listening in on my way to my grandparents' house, and I said, "Wait, I know someone named Yeeman."

And then it struck me, "she went to the Girly Bloggers' Night last December!"

Can't believe it was you! I was so excited you had won! Congrats again!

I told my mom you deserved it since you made this one delicious dish over at Pablo's the other day. Heehee.

Congrats again! :)

Katie-Ella said...

Congratulations E! What a fab day!

Anonymous said...

What a surreal day you had! Well done and congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

NO WAY I'M SO JEALOUS!

I wanna eat :(

Can't wait to see what you'll make! And inspired by your feeding the radio crew pineapple tarts, we're making some today too! Well...just the jam bit today, and we'll do the tarts next weekend when there's more time (last assignments are due next Friday).

Congratulations! Hugs to the kids (Hazel looks traumatised by the *ahem* 'genie')...

Senor Pablo said...

My goodness me.. U one lucky angel.. First the blog and then this!!hahaa. Congrats!! hehee. Well done..

Senor Pablo said...

I would love to be one of ur chosen guests..hahaaaa. I love ur cooking!!

Foodie Tales said...

Hello Tina - Thank you and Selamat Hari Raya to you and your family. E.

Hi KE - Thank you and love your latest acquisition. E.

Hi Lina - Thank you, yes, it was kind of surreal - I really can't remember what exactly happened or what I said but nevertheless, I can't wait to get into that kitchen. E.

Slina!!! hahahaa - show me pics of your tarts, k. Yeah, everyone was wandering around a bit shocked, and your mum had an old tank top and shorts (elastic waistband) on with no make-up! We were all just sitting around drinking tea, eating tarts & cake until all hell broke loose. ee

Pablo!! Thank you for your wishes - yes, I feel so blessed to have won all these prizes in a matter of a week. Very thankful and blessed. Selamat Hari Raya again! E.

charmed said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! I almost fell off my chair when Bulimic told me about you winning :)

Vixennova said...

Congrats E!... You totally deserve this :)

Foodie Tales said...

Tina - thank you, it was totally unexpected for me too so I too was in old comfy home clothes and mad hair - haha.

ZT - thank you, Sweetie - it means so much to me that you are all leaving these lovely encouraging messages for me! Thank you again everyone. I start on 29th October!!! I can't wait. But I am so nervous that the butterflies have started fluttering in my stomach!

E.

the lazy turtle said...

Congrats E! Can't wait to hear about your experience there! love love..

Foodie Tales said...

Thank you Amani. I appreciate your kind wishes. Hope you're all better now. E.