Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tues, 9th Oct 2007

I've just had my breath completely taken away by an amazing set of photographs from here.

Go,go,go there now and have a look at the full set of magnificent photos. They are good enough for SheratonUtama's next brochure, really. As a teaser, I've stolen 4 pics.

Via Rano, the Sheraton Utama Hotel invited a group of bloggers to break fast with them. The place was packed to the gills and a big hello, ZT!!! xxx

There was a huge spread of food and although I did not try each and every item, what I had was good, very good.

As I was early this time, there was plenty of lamb and I had a piece from the loin and a piece of shank. As before, it was beautifully marinated and because it was sliced from the spit, the meat was very tender. It was served with 2 sauces but I asked for plain good old mint sauce only, which I felt was the only thing needed to enhance the aromatic meat. See that dangly piece of caramelised lamb fat? - try it - it's really sinfully good.



I also had some fried chicken, which again, was tasty and some satays with peanut sauce.

This is SL's plate which he thoughtfully food-styled for my blog. Lovely!



The tomyum looked a lot like curry laksa and this was yet another winner. Just lightly sour with spices and coconut milk.



And finally desserts.

I was so glad to see that they had moved the dessert station into the air-conditioned restaurant - it was placed outside at the previous sungkai I had there with J. See my original post here.



A good selection, they had the green beans bubur which I love, but I added a scoop of vanilla ice-cream into it and no, don't do it, those flavours do not blend!

It was a good night, and it was nice to see Reeda, Rano, Jim747, Airbiscuit and SL.

Tomorrow (Thurs 12th Oct) might be the last day for Sheraton Utama's Tamu Sungkai if Raya falls on Friday - so if you've not been yet, do go, the roast lamb makes the price of $22 + 10% worthwhile. But having seen the success of this feature, perhaps the management may consider putting this as a permanent feature on one of their speciality buffet nights.

With thanks to Alex Riva (General Manager), Damian (Director of Sales), Dk Kemariah (Sales Manager) and Arbelle and Wena.

Again, all photos on this post are from SL's site.

No comments: