Friday, October 26, 2007

Soto Ayam

Went to Z's house after work yesterday (25th Oct) for a bit of catch-up and natter. We had traditional Singapore Soto Ayam for our tea - I think I've featured this many times but it's delicious, especially the potato beef pattie which I must have had 10 pieces of. Z's used to my appetite and didn't blink an eyelid.

From left to right - briefly poached beansprouts, shredded chicken, lontong (rice cubes), potato/beef pattie, chilli paste, fried shallots and spring onions/coriander mix. (I'm still not used to lontong in soup, so I had some meehoon instead).
My favourite. (So yummy and tasty and crunchy eggy edges - I want more)....

The chicken soup which was full of flavour and just so nicely spiced, and chilli paste.

And some Raya cakes to eat after, with tea, in front of the TV.
Thanks Z, for always thinking of me when you have good food.