Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wantan Noodles - Home Made

Much inspired was I by Reeda's mum's wantans, I decided to have a go at making these today, using some of the delicious springy noodles Mum brought from HK.
Here goes. (I used the traditional recipe but of course chicken will work equally well).
Make some fried shallots and a light sauce.
Marinate chicken (yes, I had to debone 3 chicken thighs/drumsticks and strip off excess fat) in char sui sauce and roast/grill in the oven. Slice thinly. Put aside.
Mince meat and prawns separately. Mix together. Marinade with salt, white pepper, sesame oil, sugar, cornstarch, egg and a tiny teaspoon of light soy. Dry fry some whitebait till brown and crispy, pound and add to meat/prawn mixture. (And that's the secret to great tasty wantans).
Wrap wantans. Poach. (Prawns and meat for Mark and meat only for Hazel).
Poach noodles. Toss with light sauce and shallot oil.
Top with poached wantans and vegetables. Serve!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Brunei Foodies said...

wow! that looks awesome E. its 3:45am and how i wish i could have it for sahur! this will definitely be on my request list if you're hosting again ;)

Foodie Tales said...

Hi M. No problem, I'll cook a halal version of this for you soon. Selamat Berpuasa for today and Selamat Hari Raya for tomorrow or Saturday.E.

anakbrunei said...

Its 1.27pm and I knew I shouldn't have ventured in here! 'scuse me while I faint from hunger...