Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Wedding Lunch - Part I

After the traditional tea ceremony, the family organised a simple lunch in a function room located in the grounds of their condo for immediate family and close friends.
The lunch was catered by Purple Sage and consisted of an assortment of food which I did not pay much attention to:

Air-flown Mesclun with Shredded Tea Smoked Chicken in Tangy Orange Dressing
Crispy Golden Parcel with Thai Plum dip
Breaded Prawns with Japanese Wasabi Mayo dip
Wok Fried Broccoli with Tofu in Almond Butter Sauce
Oven Baked Boneless Coffee Chicken on a bed of crisp vermicelli
Baked Fish Fillet with Fiery Cayenne Pepper Sauce
Fried Rice
Bread and Butter Pudding with Vanilla Sauce
Because of THIS!!!

A huge vat of LAKSA... (yes, I know I had laksa for dinner the night before)

And this also kept my mind off the food on the table - I've cropped most of the picture but this was a whole suckling pig, carefully chopped into bite sized pieces by the uncle of the bride.

He made sure the Auntie table which I was sitted at was constantly topped-up with all the choice parts. Auntie-hood has its privileges!
Here is a pic of the crispiness.

2 comments:

Senor Pablo said...

shredded tea smoked chicken, Coffee with chicken.. WAH! All sounds exotic that I have never tried.. Need to look out for the recipes..heheheee. U seems to have a BLAST E!! Grreat!!

Foodie Tales said...

Hello Pablo - yes, it was a good short much needed break for me.
And of course all that lovely food..... E