Sunday, January 20, 2008

Friday, 18th Jan 2008

I thought I will take a break from food to show you a pair of shoes I bought from GEOX (The shoe that breathes) at Takashimaya.
I always thought they only made shoes like these (sacrificing style for comfort) so I was very pleasantly surprised to find something which was so stylish (love the silver tone Gucci-uesque buckles), which fitted so well and most importantly it had heels! yeah. Here they are.
I hope they (and I) can withstand the 10 hours of standing daily I shall be doing for almost a week next month. I also bought some nice comfy insoles and some gel cushions to slip into the shoes for extra comfort; although on second thoughts will these block the holes which lets your feet breathe? I've also bought some spray which will help keep them clean and in pristine condition (I hope).
While we're on the subject of shopping, I also bought these. I was sold immediately when the SA said the magic words - "instant effect" about the Defining Eye Lift. The Face Treatment Oil claims to 'revitalise and promote radiant looking skin'. And the Shaping Facial Lift 'reshapes the oval of the face' and 'reduces heaviness of the features due to ageing'. This product is pretty new so it's not on their website yet but it's very similar to this.

How could you not help but quickly flash the good old credit card upon an onslaught of such a sales pitch?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

naughty naughty! hahaha

Foodie Tales said...

I know but I need, I need! haha

Anonymous said...

Hi there, saw ur post at have shoe will mingle? is that right ehe..So sorry if i got the name of the website wrong..i saw u posted a picture of a chanel bag..How much was it? Oh my..I love chanel...!

Foodie Tales said...

Hi anonymous - The ref number of the bag is A20994Y018649405 - perhaps you would like to give Chanel Kl a call to find out? E.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Was browsing ur older post n realised that we share some common interests, besides bags, i just love heels,am a huge fan of ALDO shoes (stilletos, i mean d 4.5 inch. yes, m those would rather sacrifice comfort 4 style). Once snatched up 7 pairs in a trip. Called me a skincare junkie oso, would try out something new every now n then from comments from mags. The Clarins Shaping Facial Lift had been launched for a few years,i thk d Sales staff's new?!! I would strongly recommend it if u want a more contoured face. I had religiously using 2X/day n totally swear by dis product. Frens had been doubtfully asking whether i was d same person as d wedding photo taken 11yrs ago, which showed a rounded/puffier face of mine. dunno whether to take it as a compliment or not. Sigh..
Like d massage oil oso but havent tried d eye lifting. Does it work on u but would recommend d SISLEYA eye n lip contour cream but bit pricey though..

Chanelicious

Foodie Tales said...

Hi Chanelicious again - I recently tried the Bio Essence Face Lifting Creme and found it quite effective too and its available from the supermarkets - a less pricier alternative. E.