Sunday, January 20, 2008

Fri, 18th Jan 2008 - Wedding

The dinner was held at the absolutely stunning Tower Ballroom of the Shangri-La Hotel. The room was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers, candles and balloons at every turn. The lighting from these huge blocks of chandeliers sparkled,
and the colour effects from jets of lighting gave the room an almost ethereal feel; my table was blue and that's why some of my food pics are quite strangely coloured.
The bar at the reception area where the staff made sure no one went without a drink; or many drinks for that matter!

The stage with cake and champagne tower.
Just one of the many standing candles/flowers decorations dotted around the room.
My place setting
The menu
The main table

The table I was seated at
And now on to the food - the waiters will show and announce the dish, then whisk it away to be portioned and return shortly.

I thought this was the star of the entire night - the appetisers
My portion and I ate Mum's portion of prawn and seaweed too

Sharksfin soup

Steamed Fish
Drunken prawns
This was really yummy too - succulent roast chicken with a very interesting topping of garlic slices and curry leaves. I was given the breast and the meat was very tender and moist.

My favourite dish - broccoli with crabmeat

E-Fu noodles with Mushrooms
Dessert was most unusual and the first time I've had this - Or Nee - a thick paste of sweet yam, pumpkin and gingko nuts - although it looks gooey, thick and sticky, it really was very pleasant and was quite a nice end to the fabulous meal.

2 comments:

Senor Pablo said...

E.. great pics of the party and food. I have to confess E-fu noodles is one of my faves..hehehe. The best ones I have tried was in Hong Kong. Any possible re-creation of E-fu noodles from you?? hehehee

Foodie Tales said...

Now that is a challenge as I have never made that before! hehe I had a super time in Singapore and it was such a nice short little break. E.