Sunday, July 29, 2007

Thurs, 26th July 2007

Hazel and I went shopping in Kiulap and she had her dinner of roasted chicken with rice.
I haven't had one of their laksas in ages so I had one and was quite pleased to discover that it tastes exactly the same as it did when they started their first restaurant at the then newly opened Seri Complex.

Theirs is quite a unique laksa, it's very tumericky, with runny coconut gravy but yes, it was yummy, and I was good enough to remove 3/4 of the meehoon and did not finish the all the soup. It does not taste like Kuching, Penang or Singapore laksa at all so I think I would classify this as a light curry laksa.
p.s Just a point to add that I tried to remove as much oil as I could before eating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From which restaurant pl?

Foodie Tales said...

Hi anonymous - that's the Thien Thien chicken rice in Qlap (opposite Hua Ho Dept Store). E.