Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sat, 30th June 2007

Bunny made a magnificent chicken cous cous with roasted vegetables. It was absolutely delicious. I had two helpings.

And this is her pomelo salad, all fresh and crunchy and tasty and light. The mint leaves were a lovely addition and brought extra freshness to the dish.
Bunny also made these dainty durian puffs and mango mille-feuille with cinnamon sugar. Here is Nudgie's hand.

Nudgie brought some nasi beryani ayam with acar.

AB's sister (good meeting you & your husband, A, and thank you for leading me to the main road last night!) brought some rice dumplings, red bean buns and chicken dumplings with hot chilli sauce all made by their mum. I would love to meet your mum one day and talk food with her!

A great night with lots of food, fun and laughter. All best for both of you, Pablo & Nudgie, for the challenges ahead. Will miss your company.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Hot Mama!! It salways lovely to see you.. I hope to see you again. Hehe.. love the way my fingers look in that photo.. hahahah..

Love,
Nudgie

Anonymous said...

Hi E, you're very welcome and it was lovely to finally meet your famous self too! Too bad we didn't get the opportunity to talk more. The dip you brought was absolutely delicious and motivated me to make some this morning using your recipe - plan to have some tonight and I hope it will at least taste as good! The roast chicken and mushroom sauce you made was yummylicious as well, I didn't get to compliment you on that :) Hope we'll meet up again soon!

Foodie Tales said...

Nudgie, and lovely to see you too. Keep in touch,k. Luv.E.

Foodie Tales said...

A!!! You are too nice to say such fabulous things about my cooking!! I am so so flattered and so pleased! :) Thank you very much for your compliments. How did your dip turn out? I hope we can meet up too before too long and can talk more about food and others. I'll tell Z when I next see her that I've finally met you. hehe. E.

Senor Pablo said...

Hahahaaa.. Congrats on winning the anchovies dip at the Sunday Splash..I know good food when I see them..haahaa. Ur anchovies garlic dip is a winner and I will always enjoy it.
E.. I know AB n A family so well. We went a long way since childhood. I know their mum too. a lovely lady. Strangely enough I met her this afternoon at lunch by coincidence and was complimenting her food. U should get to know the lovely aunty.

Thanks again for bringing the food to my place. Roast chicken.. a riot. and gone within minutes..hahaha

About the sore throat.. not to worry.. all the talking and laughing... makes u 10 years younger.. trust me on that! It's worth it.

Tll then..will continue to salivate your food pics.. from far...hahahha

Anonymous said...

E, just to let you know that I think I overdid the mixed herbs slightly for the dip as I feel that is the more dominant taste. My son loves it though, so it can't be half bad :) I'm gonna mix it with some pasta and chili flakes (as you suggested in your recipe) for dinner tonight. Thanks for being generous with your recipes...I'm sure lots of people appreciate it! Say a big HI to Z when you see her.

Pablo, thanks for the kind comments about mum. Yes, she did mention she saw you and Bunny at lunch yesterday and was saying how nice both of you are :)

Foodie Tales said...

Pablo - if anyone is looking for a anti-aging potion, I can now firmly attest that it can be found in Kg Rimba, in your warm home! A, hope the pasta was good. E.