Monday, July 2, 2007

Sun, 1st July 2007

Happy. We won this at yesterday's Sunday Splash at the Empire Hotel.
There was a food competition judged by one of the hotel's chefs and I entered my roasted garlic and anchovy dip and we came second!
Here's Hazel being a very good contestant, calmly explaining to the chef what the dish was, and collecting the prize, while mum cowered in a corner taking extremely bad photos. Mark is in the background, looking cool in board shorts.
I spent 5 hours by the pool and I managed to while away the hours by reading a cookbook, a book on aging, and a novel, drinking ice-tea, dreaming of food and menus and other good thoughts, while keeping an eye on them.
I brought 2 huge stacks of chicken salad sandwiches for their tea and we also had some chips and wedges, and apple juice and ice milo. I have 2 kids, brown as berries and looking radiantly healthy now from good food, exercise and being in the sun (with sun-block).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! :D must be some really nice dip! who won 1st place??

Foodie Tales said...

Thank you, Mau, a lady won 1st prize for her vegetarian meehoon.E.