Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thurs, 12th July 2007

Very happy with the new buys.

Had to haul this lot from Borders, up the slope to the hotel I was staying in. Each of the Yoga books was 256 glossy pages thick as was The Italian Kitchen Bible. Whew!

And because of this passage from The Secret,

"If the words "I can't afford it" have passed your lips, your power to change that is now. Change it with, "I can afford that! I can buy that!" Say it over and over. Become like a parrot. For the next thirty days, make it your intention that you are going to look at everything you like and say to yourself, "I can afford that. I can buy that". As you do this you will begin to shift yourself and you will feel better about money. You will being to convince yourself that you can afford those things, and as you do, the picture of your life will change."

Psychobabble? and the start to the short route of being declared a bankrupt (God forbid)? Or profound truth?

Don't know but after reading snippets of the book, it certainly was very easy to take out the credit card for this little baby yesterday. The fact that it's a Chloe with studded logo, made out of buttery caramel lambskin, with gorgeous silver-tone hardware, practical straps, very roomy for everything I need to feel secure, and in such a funky design all had some contribution to the not so rash purchase! Happy! :)

Here she is in the waiting lounge with my slightly worn but beloved Oroton next to it.

I was feeling very sorry for myself running back/forth docs/tests/results/talking to clever docs, absorbing info, making sure I did not forget my own set of questions, starring at the awful truth, and suffering a major claustroph0bic /panic attack midway one of the procedures, etc, so the handbag was a happy ending to an otherwise stressful trip, on my own.

2 comments:

Katie-Ella said...

Don't tease me! Show us the new handbag! Book purchases are always guilt free, ;)
Re The Secret, there is also a smilar theory about food i.e. I'll stick it on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi E, I'm dizily sick at the moment. My body totally whacked out on me. I'm officially burnt out. I've got AB's les halles cookbook too :-) nice french recipes but they seem promising. BTW my kitchen confidential with you yah? just double checking :-)