Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Weds, 6th June 2007

So here are the stingray & scallops just before they went into the oven/grill. (With the garlic butter topping).
A sudden brainwave saw me adding a wedge of lemon - it charred beautifully (*excited*)!
And here is the final decorated plate. (carrot flowers, tomato salad, boiled potatoes, grilled scallops and stingray with garlic butter sauce)... Look at the charred lemon wedge!!!!
If I had some spring onions, I would arrange some artistically on top, or perhaps some capers would be nice too. Or chopped fresh parsley. (I used dried).

The stingray (although frozen) was really fresh - very tender, soft, tasty and f.l.a.k.e.y....
no, not pastry flakey but kind of falling from cartilage flakey.

I am quite proud of this.

And very happy with my first attempt with grilled sting ray.
As much as I like the sambal stingray at Kuala Lurah - I think my cleaner and lighter version makes a refreshing change.
I shared my dinner with Hazel - Mark had spag bol with toast....

No comments: