Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thurs, 21st June 2007

THIS BLOG IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!
But its writer has turned semi-vegetarian (temporary) and has cut OUT protein completely from her diet and devouring this book for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hate it when I'm not myself - I hope I get better soon as I simply can't stand being unwell.
When I told my kids the food (and I apologise for the lack of photos) at the QBP last night, Mark immediately asked for Shepherd's Pie or Fish and Chips for dinner tonight. It had been quite a while since I had made SP so here it is, with a lot of carrots, peas and corn sneaked in the minced beef, topped with golden butter mashed potatoes.

Mark and Hazel ate almost all the pie.... with Toast. (well, they'll need the nutrition for 3 days of swimming competition starting tomorrow......)...

This is the pie when it came out of the oven, still bubbling away. It was HOT!!!!! Thank goodness the gravy did not spill over in the oven.

There were 3 dishes of minced beef, and here is the mashed potato (if you look closely, you can just about see the potato skins).



And here is a pic of the half-dressed pie, and just before it went into the oven.


Here is a pic of me, S & R last night. I'm not sure if I narrowly escaped the auntie look with overload of lace/sequin skirt, corset top and wrap AND gold sandals, or did I get it just right? :D - don't know, don't care, I had a great time anyway! p.s. This very funny site may have a definition of what an 'auntie' is... Found quite an apt description here.


yes, I do have one food pic!

No comments: