Friday, June 29, 2007

Thurs, 28th June 2007

My first hot meal for the day. Homemade fish porridge with dried scallops and diced carrots.
I must admit adding a boiled salted egg wasn't the healthiest thing to do but it was sooooo good!It wasn't overpoweringly salty, with just a hint of salt in the soft whites and creamy yolk.

I like my porridge boiled to a creamy consistency and I added lots of shredded ginger, onions and white pepper. I fried a lovely super fresh white fish in a little oil, deboned it and threw the pieces on top of the porridge.

I'm slowly, very slowly, beginning to learn and appreciate that eating lightly does not mean putting up with tasteless, bland and boring food. I was so full and warm after the porridge but in a very comfortable way. Slept like a baby after my meds at 10.30 pm.

No comments: