Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Weds, 6th June 2007

All I wanted to do was return some books to CfBT - they were due today!
I didn't want to pay the 0.10 cents per book per day fine (translates into cheap). And look what I ended up doing......
But good news - my iron levels are UP (I can start donating again. Today was my 8th... 8th!!!!!!) and bp still at optimum levels 120/70 - yeah!!!!- They gave me a mug ( I can have hot tea in bed ) with the words "Terima kasih kerana menderma darah" - pleasure is all mine, a tin of Yeo's soya bean milk and 2 packets of Tiger biscuits for my efforts. I felt good after that - I will definitely and very happily do it again.
This is my vial - I hope it will help someone... and no, those are not my sandals - they belong to a bloke in the bed next to mine - who was more nervous than I was - his first.
p.s Aren't I a healthy, robust, red blooded woman? :D

2 comments:

SoulJah said...

I love donating blood. I try to do it whenever I can. But previously I was denied because my heart rate was elevated a bit and told to wait until it gets lower for around 10 minutes.

10 minutes later they packed up!

Anyway I try to donate as much as I can. I got a blood donation key ring once, and I love it, and get to see others having that same keychain somehow signifies that we're in the same, secret club.

Foodie Tales said...

Hi Souljah - I try to donate when I can too but have been turned down on a few occasions due to low iron levels. I donate as I like the thought that my blood may have helped someone, but in reality, I think it sits out its expiry date in the blood bank. I still will continue to do it though. I wonder if any others are donors too?