Saturday, February 14, 2009

My week

Monday 9th Feb- Dinner at the ABs - thanks to Reeda and Zedah and their adorable kids.

Tuesday 10th Feb - Lunch with Alina at Twelv - we had the buffet brunch consisting of breakfast cereals, mushroom omelette, lemon dory fish, grilled chicken (delicious), noodles, potatoes, sausages, vegetables, fruits. The owner gave us some spring rolls to try. Thank you!
Wednesday 11th Feb - Lunch with Z - we went to Seri Kandi at Kiulap - lovely buffet spread consisting of salads, soup, several main courses, rice & vegetables (I loved the okras and had several helpings), dessert. Great value at $8.50 per person and good food too. It was such a nice surprise to bump into him and her here.

Thursday 12th Feb - Dinner at N & S's - N has a lovely pad by the river, we went out to the balcony after dinner, it is so quiet and peaceful here. I sat on a huge tall wrought iron chair and stared into the darkness and my mind was temporarily quietened. (At times like these, I wish I could still have a cigarette - no, I didn't).. We had Pate, Greek salad & Seafood Pasta.

Friday 13th Feb - Lunch with J at Excapade, we shared a prawn tempura, chicken teppanyaki & California maki. I frightened the order taker by saying very confidently "and a chicken tempura please"!! I was quite bewildered when she said "we don't have chicken tempura"!!! J & I talked till 2.30 pm - they were about to lock up when we left.
In the evening, had a visit from S, H & UR
What a nice week it was - saw so many of my favourite people. Talked, laughed, and ATE a lot.... :-)
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: