Monday, February 9, 2009

Mon, 9th Feb 2009

You would get excited too, wouldn't you, to receive a menu such as this in the middle of a very blue Monday afternoon?
Antipasti
Bruschetta (Fresh tomato & basil on bread)
Pasticcio di fegato del pollo (Chicken Liver Pate)
Frittelle ripiene del gamberetto (Cucur Udang)

Minestra
Minestra piccante dei frutti di mare (Spicy Seafood Soup)

Primi
Linguini gamberetti dell'aglio (Linguini with garlic prawns)
Pesci di basilico e di pomodoro (Fish with basil and tomato sauce)
Funghi Saltati e pesto (Sauteed mushrooms & pesto on the side)

Dessert
Mars Bars Cheese Cake
Coffee & Tea
DINNER AT THE AB's - Many thanks for the lovely meal and company!

Mr & Mrs AB plating the food, watched by their very well-behaved children.


Dessert made by Mr AB's che, Alina. "Diet low calorie cake"
Despite its appearance, this cake really is light and not too overpoweringly sweet - yummy, Alina!

7 comments:

CL said...

I was really jealous when I read the menu :( I had to turn down the invite (at the time forgetting it was chap goh meh so luckily I did else.. I'd be in deep troughs...). I hope I'll make it next time and bump into you and Alina too! :p So just out of curiousity, after that intense menu, how many kg was added? kekekekekekkee

Alina said...

CL: It was such a shame you couldn't make it. We were so looking forward to seeing you. And don't ask about the extra kgs after dinner - I just couldn't move! Hehe! YM can vouch for that :)

Foodie Tales said...

Hi CL - I blocked out all those thoughts and went into denial, believing that everything was low-cal - hehe! Don't worry, we were all in the same boat last night
:-) See you later!

Foodie Tales said...

I mean see you later Alina!

CL said...

hence the low cal cake? It was the mars bar cake on the menu right?!?!?! *CL stares at the 2 pumpkins* hahhaa :P

Reedz said...

Thank you for coming YM and for bringing the lovely pate! I'm glad you all enjoyed the meal! I'd forgotten how therapeutic cooking was!

CL: Next time die die must come one ah! hehehe!

Che: Thank you for the superb "Torta di formaggio della barra del Marte" hehehe!

CL said...

yea yea yea... an incomplete dinner without the SUGArush muahhahhaa :P