Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chicken Liver Pate - Sat, 7th Feb 2009

Tonight I made some chicken liver pate.

As with almost everything I make, it's really easy with a few ingredients. Lightly brown some garlic, onions and cleaned chicken livers in a very hot pan, add all kinds of herbs, black pepper and salt. You want the livers to be nicely browned (absolutely essential) - then add cream.

Simmer gently till flavours are well incorporated and the sauce is thick.

At this point, you can stop right there and have this over hot crusty bread. But pate it is, and pate it will be so carry on.

Blitz roughly in a food processor and put them into plastic containers - I would normally use some nice ones but I'm planning to give these away so I'm using plastic. Top with craisins and melted butter.

I think I might have over-salted these but we'll see tomorrow! Still getting used to the Maldon - pictured with Bolt (Hazel's new Siamese fighting fish who is hiding amongst the roots).

Here are 2 large tubs and 2 small ones, just before lids were put on and before going into the fridge.

Till tomorrow.

No comments: