Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tues, 19th Aug 2008

All too soon, it was the last day of the J's 2-week holiday in Brunei. They took us to Deals @ Sheraton Utama Hotel. We all opted for the set dinner menu. The starter was grilled red/yellow watermelon with feta cheese sandwiched in-between and topped with black olive tapenade and served with balsamic vinegar & olive oil.

Main course was a choice between salmon fillet or sirloin steak and we all chose the steak. It was served with a pepper sauce and a scoop of mashed potato. I thought the steak was quite an odd colour; pale grey with dark brown grill marks..... quite strange but the doneness was good.
Dessert was a portion of tiramisu followed by coffee or tea. Great service as always from the Sheraton service staff.
With thanks to the J's - hope to see all of you again.

Here are the kids; ages ranging from 10 to 16.
Back to food again, remember this steak?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your wedgewood collection. it's so timeless. my mom gave me several ornaments & trinkets, similar to yours when i was old enough to decorate my dresser :)

Foodie Tales said...

Hello anon, I love this range and I obtained my first piece in 1991; the collection has built up over the years but very very slowly though. Good luck with your collection and thanks for dropping by! E.