Monday, August 11, 2008

Airline/Airport Meals Part 4

I dashed in here, plonked self down in front of PC, had a glass of champagne and surfed for a while.
It was bliss to be able to rest my poor feet and finally relax after the hot & stressful day (last minute packing/stress over bags, M25, etc). Now I know my luggage has all been finally checked through home, and I have sorted out my VAT and managed not to spend a penny in Heathrow (not even on magazines), I was not going to move from here till it was time to board.

I used my birthday present on the flight (well, I had to show it to Mr VAT anyway) but I protected it well - here are some peeks. The other bags were all kept safely in a cabin bag which I guarded closely.
Goodbye London. I closed my eyes tight and made a wish for a safe journey home to my kids and also to be able to visit again before too long.

Shortly after takeoff, dinner was served - I chose Gordon Ramsay's Baked Veal Loin with Mushroom Blue Cheese Crust, Sauteed Savoy Cabbage and Fettucine. The blue cheese crust was eye-wateringly strong - so much so I had to change my meal. I then chose a less exciting but pretty good Grilled Chicken Breast on Mustard Flavoured Mashed Potato, Mushroom Timbale and Red Wine Jus. Ate most of the peas and nibbled on a bit of chicken.


After dinner, I got comfortable and settled down for a snooze. I was amazed when I woke up almost 6 hours later. I read magazines and sipped water until breakfast was served.

Landed at Singapore at approx 5.30 pm and was too tired to even look around the shops - bought some magazines, retreated and was soon onboard the flight home.
The food was great! A seared beef salad, spicy butter prawns with curry leaves, chye sim and rice.
Landed at 11 pm and was home 45 minutes later. It was so good to remove the shoes from my feet, step into my home and its cool tiled floor and see my kids who both stayed up till almost 1 am till they were sent to bed. But Wm and I stayed up till 4 am!

No comments: