Monday, August 11, 2008

Day trip to London - Tues, 22nd July 2008

I took the 8.20 am to London today; got to the train station in the nick of time and an hour later arrived at Waterloo Station. Hmmm.. the underground hasn't changed much. Bought a day pass and jumped on the train to Picadilly circus.

These were my must dos for the day:
- Carnaby Street (lots trendy little shops and Triyoga is here) for VANS shoes for the kids (mission accomplished as soon as store opened - a pair each)


- Upper James Street to check out clothing from BAPE for Mark (mission unaccomplished)

- Old Bond Street to look for the Chanel 2 in 1 bag for S (on top of her gorgeous silver reissue bought from Harrods on Friday,11th July) - mission unaccomplished as that bag sold out instantly on release but but ended up with an early birthday present for myself - screams.


- L'occitane - mission accomplished

- Oxford Street (for Selfridges, Russell & Bromley, Primark, M&S, New Look, and more).

On reflection a slightly too adventurous itinerary as it involved a LOT of walking. Too much walking for someone from Brunei used to driving door to door, and in a pair of flat pumps which got more uncomfortable as the day wore on. Here was my walking route:

Picadilly Circus to Carnaby Street to Upper James Street to Regent Street to Old Bond Street to Oxford Street and getting LOST countless times in between each stop. The shopping got heavier and heavier and my feet/back/shoulders were KILLING ME by the time I was through with Primark so I sat outside for a breather and casually took out my White Dove brand bathroom slippers from my bag and slipped them on. hahahaha - White Dove (made in China bathroom slippers also known as selipar Jepun) does London. yeah!

I hid my birthday gift from myself in a cloth bag and folded up the insanely large paperbag/ribbons and stuffed them into the VANS plastic bag. From Primark, I walked to Old Bond St station and took the train to Waterloo and caught the train back to Farnham. I collapsed in my room at 5.10 pm, exhausted from the trip and adrenaline rushes.

The following day, I was ever sooo thankful I had brought my muscle relaxants with me in case my back/shoulders started acting up - I had to pop 2 at breakfast to relieve the shopping pain which radiated from my head to my toes. If only they made one for the aching credit card too.
But I still love you, London.

No comments: