Friday, August 15, 2008

Fri, 15th Aug 2008

We had quite a bit of steak leftover from yesterday's BBQ so here is a sizzling plate of mini sliced black pepper sirloins panfried to medium/rare and served with plenty of hot English mustard. We had this with leftover potato salad, grilled vegs, some steamed corn and baby bok choy for dinner tonight.
And more food pics from yesterday.

Some plump juicy drumsticks which I marinated with oyster sauce, light soy, salt & white & black pepper, Chinese cooking wine, sugar, sesame oil and grated ginger. (Actually I prefer smaller drumsticks for a bbq as they cook faster - these huge ones were a bit of a challenge; I had to keep moving them around as I did not want them to burn; but the insides had to be perfectly done as well).
Here's them on the BBQ.
Mark took this macro shot of his potato salad.
I stewed some bananas with rum & brown sugar on the bbq and served them over ice-cream as dessert - they proved quite popular. So it's effortless and easy-peasy; it's either this or the fruit salad; as the list of desserts I can manage remain at under 5 items - haha.
p.s And why is blogger telling me that I have used 90% of 1024 mb and crawling at snail's pace? So what happens when I go up to 100%? Does this mean I can't post here anymore? er, help...., someone?

No comments: