Thursday, August 2, 2007

Thurs, 2nd Aug 2007

What? Where has 7 months of the year gone?

Today I decided to make Mee Siam (out of a box), I am slightly ashamed to admit, but I was craving so much for Z's mum's meesiam, I had no choice but to make do, in times of need.
So here it is. A box of 'Prima Taste' Ready to Cook Meal Kit for Mee Siam.


What's in the box.
(A) Chilli Paste for Rice Vermicelli
(B) Mee Siam Paste
(C) Sambal Chilli
(D) 3 small packets of Lime Juice
(E) A leaflet

Instructions

1. Boil eggs and quarter, dry fry fish cake, slice and put aside.

2. Open (C - Sambal Chilli) and put aside.

3. Open (D - Lime Juice) and put aside.

4. Soak rice vermicelli in hot water. Drain. To (A), add some water, let it come to a boil, add softened meehoon. Toss till meehoon has absorbed the chilli paste. Put aside. It looked so pale and unappetising.
5. Open (B - Mee Siam Paste) and add 450 ml water (I added 400 ml only). Heat thoroughly without boiling.
6. Ok, assembly time, into a bowl add a bit of meehoon, topped with fish cake, egg, (C) and (D). And add No. 5 (mee siam gravy) and serve.
Was it good??? Initially it was too sweet, so I added more lime juice and that improved the taste slightly. Out of 10, I would give it maybe a three. I had a bowl and the helper had the rest.

Z, I want the real thing!!!!!!!!! please.... Please, Z, and your mummy ADJ, please may I have some real mee siam?

No comments: