Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sat, 25th Aug 2007

I just had to show you guys a roast chicken I made on Saturday night using a new marinade. The chicken wasn't to eat for dinner or anything like that, it was to make chicken sandwiches as we were going to Sunday Splash (again) on Sunday. (You can just about see the lemon inside).

It's a small chicken weighing about 1.3 kg only.

So here it is, the marinade is really simple, just garlic, salt & black pepper, light soy, lemon juice, onions, olive oil and rosemary (dried) and I put the lemon into the chicken cavity before roasting.

I marinated the chicken for 3 hours, and roasted it for about an hour, oven mark 6, basting constantly and removing the juices to let the skin crisp for the last 15 minutes.
I really and truly am not singing my own praises, but it was good, so flavourful and tender and juicy and tasty and falling off the bone.....
Here is a wing which Hazel had.
And a drumstick......
I let the chicken cool, and hand shredded the meat, wearing plastic disposable gloves and turned the meat into huge stacks of roasted rosemary chicken sandwiches for Sunday Splash. Of course I had to add mayonnaise, grainy mustard, dried parsley, salt & black pepper for extra taste.