Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sat, 18th Aug 2007

Baked Chicken Rice

Part II

At approx 11.15 am, I put the dish into the oven, uncovered at about Mark 6. About 45 minutes I went back to check on it, it was beginning to take shape, I tasted a tiny scoop of rice and it was still quite uncooked with very hard bite in the middle. The parmesan had still not melted and the vegetables still had their lovely fresh green/orange colour. So the heat was increased to 7/8 for the next half hour.

And here's a scoop of the rice which was still uncooked. It is already smelling delicious, butter, onions, olive oil, melting cheese, parsley, roasting meat scents wafting through the kitchen.

After half an hour, here it is:

It tastes almost exactly like risotto! I really liked it and thought it was a great comfort all-in-0ne dish, warm and tasty; but Hazel did not like it at all. She ate the 2 roasted drumsticks and asked for a bit of spag bol leftovers which we had in the fridge. And although Mark said 'it's good mum" somewhat unenthusiastically, I suspect he ate it to please me.........

So although it wasn't the resounding success I had hoped it to be, I will cook this again for Wm and the rest, but I will make my own cream sauce and I will not put the vegetables in so early. I like seeking second opinions. :)

My little portion.
What do you think, dear readers? Would you eat this?

No comments: