Friday, August 24, 2007

Fri, 24th Aug 2007

I had some leftover prawns in my freezer and much inspired was I by my sis's Prawn Pasta, I decided to make my easy version here. I made the sauce in less time I needed to cook the pasta (13 minutes).

First, add a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil in a pan, add garlic and onions and saute gently (do not let them brown), add prawns, saute briefly. Now go mad with parsley, tarragon, salt & black pepper and add cherry tomatoes.

Squish tomatoes to release juices.

Add about half a cup of pasta water.

Drain pasta, add to sauce, toss to incorporate flavours and serve. (This is just a fancy shot for the blog).

I made a chilli & black pepper infused olive oil to eat with my pasta.

It was very very good and so easy to make. Try it!

p.s Here is my bowl of pasta which I ate in bed, reading this.
My second bowl. Took some cold meds with 2 mugs of green tea after this and slept the entire afternoon away.... bliss...
Note to self: Cook tomatoes before prawns next time. I was a little anxious that I will overcook the prawns, I could have cooked the tomatoes a little longer but that's just me being fussy again.

No comments: