Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sat, 20th Dec 2008

I think I just just may have my cooking mojo back.

Here's what I cooked for dinner tonight.
For my kids.

Roast lamb loin with caramelised onions, lamb jus, roasted potatoes and vegetables.

Here they are, reading and eating at the same time. As usual.

I had the butcher cut the lamb loin into 3 pieces - I roasted two and the remaining one is in the freezer. Someone enjoyed nibbling/gnawing on the bones!
The top. Look at the layer of melting fat and slightly charred onions.
For us.

Spicy prawn tomato fettucine.
The sauce was explosively flavourful; with olive oil, garlic, chilli, cherry tomatoes, white wine, prawns, black pepper and fresh basil leaves from the garden.
Have a great weekend, folks - for now, I am going to slather a nourishing body balm all over, slap a lifting/firming mask onto my face and settle down with a good book and tea in bed (thinking of pineapple tarts.....)... I simply love the holidays.

No comments: