Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Grav Lax

I crawled out of bed to make Grav Lax tonight. It'll be perfect by Christmas morning (I hope)!

Fresh dill.

Very fresh indeed. Here I've washed them and trimmed the stalks.

Salt, Brown Sugar & Freshly ground black pepper.

Line a large plate with clingwrap - scatter salt rub and dill on it.
A lovely salmon fillet from Sno Food - fast becoming one of my favourite haunts.
Put fillet on top of dill/salt rub and top with more salt.

And more dill.

Roll up tightly.
Rest on some crushed foil (to allow drainage) and seal in a clean dry plastic container. I'll show you what it looks like tomorrow.
I'm off to a shower and then I'm afraid I'm taking my aching head/eyes/neck & bits and pieces to bed now - I hope I am well by tomorrow; I have a mile long shopping list to tackle, the table to set, and lots more to do .... why do I have to be sick now why?? I'm never sick . yes, I'm whining and I am entitled to do so cos I am SICK!!

I've also taken out my glassware/cutlery/crockery/serving ware but that is for another post. Maybe tomorrow morning.
Bed time now with lots of ibuprofen and decongestants.
On a side note, I can't stop listening to this song and this video is absolutely captivating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi E,

I'm going to attempt your Grav Lax today, wish me luck !
I've taken a few pics of my cooking for you, I'll try to send them to you after the holidays.
I hope you're feeling better & enjoying your many feasts during this festive season.
Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed CHRISTmas and a peaceful new year.

Lynn xo

Foodie Tales said...

Hello Lynn - thank you for such a lovely message. I hope the grav lax will work! Look forward to seeing pics of your food and I wish you a fabulous and happy Christmas and New Year too. Kind regards.E.