Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Grav Lax after almost 24 hours

Here it is after almost 24 hours.
You can see that quite a lot of liquid has been released from the fish. (This morning, I poked some 'drainage' holes in the clingwrap). I've now put the rolled package on 3 pieces of kitchen paper to absorb more liquid which will be released tonight.
It has started to take on that slight translucent 'rubbery' colour/texture. (I once had an unexplained grav lax disaster using good quality salmon I thought - the grav lax developed a 'cloudy' appearance and the whole lot had to go into the bin). Expensive disaster; and what is most frustrating is I used the same recipe, same method of preparation, same hygienic handling. That will remain an unsolved cooking mystery ;-)
p.s Still sick :-(

No comments: