Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thurs, 14th Aug 2008

Tonight I'm having an early farewell do for the Js who will be leaving Brunei in the middle of next week. I've made the potato salad, the roasted vegetable platter, marinated the meats, arranged the crockery/cutlery/glassware/drinks.

I've made 2 bowls of potato salad with egg, corn kernels, tuna, raw diced onions, mayo, grain mustard and seasoning.

Now all I have to do is to start the fire shortly and it looks ominously like rain in the distance and I hear thunder rumbling away... and oh yes, the fine wines from KL need lots of time to breathe and develop so I should open the reds soon.



I was lazy this time and instead of panfrying the vegetables slowly; all I did was season them with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt/black pepper and mixed herbs/chopped garlic, and pushed the tray into the oven for 20 mins on high heat, and 5 mins under the grill. For extra flavour, I tossed them with raw grated garlic, parsley & olive oil when they came out of the oven. The vegetable platter is in the fridge now and I've completely forgotten to add the sweet red onions. I'll just throw the rings onto the bbq later.

And some corn is soaking in water now; they'll simply be tossed on the bbq later.

No comments: