Saturday, July 26, 2008

Monday, 21st July 2008

These are my god-parents - Tony and Eleanor Lock whom I have not met for 7 years. They have aged but have lost none of their sharp wit, keen intelligence, sense of humour & adventure. They drove an hour into Farnham to save me a 2.5 hour train journey (with 2 changes) to theirs. We had a good afternoon together with Eleanor and I sinking 1.5 bottles of Pinot Grigio between us. It was sad to wave goodbye to them at the end of the day. I felt almost as lost as the day they left 13 years ago.
Here they are visiting Mark and me in RIPAS a few hours after he was born in 1994. There is another pic of them and us; with me in my red checkered regulation RIPAS gown but I can't find it now.
And a few days later at home.
Back to the present ...... We had lunch at Prezzo, an Italian Restaurant. Please click the pics for full descriptions of the gorgeous food.
Eleanor had risotto, Tony a pizza and I had a chicken caesar salad.

For desserts, Tony and I had an apple tart each - I had mine with ice-cream and he with cream, and Eleanor had a Vanilla and Hazelnut bombe.

No comments: