Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sat, 26th May 2007

My kids had roast lamb for lunch today with mashed potatoes. I bought a small chilled leg from SS last Sunday. I thought it would make a nice little roast for the 3 of us. It costs $17.50. Marinate the leg for 3 hours with salt, black pepper, garlic, rosemary and olive oil and a dash of light soy. Roast for approx 1.5 hours and let it sit for half an hour before slicing.


I added some sliced onions into the pan. They caramelised beautifully and turned incredibly sweet at the end of roasting time.

I didn't bother to make a gravy. The pan juices were delicious.
The lamb was wonderfully tender and so sweet with none of the heavy 'lamb' aftertaste which can be quite off-putting.

The meat was medium done with a slight pink centre.
The mash potatoes were easy peasy too - just boil and drain some potatoes, mash with salt & white pepper, milk and butter. Dot butter on surface.

Here's Hazel's portion.

And Mark's hefty portion (don't worry - they don't eat like this everyday - during the week, they eat simple food such as pastas, steamed eggs, chicken, tofu, or fish).
p.s Except for the tiny 2 slices I had to check and adjust flavours, I didn't eat any as I am still on a crazy diet so this was my lunch.

No comments: