Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunday, 29th March 2009

Dinner at home. Mashed potatoes (lite version) - boiled potatoes mashed with salt, black pepper, butter and 3 tablespoons of milk. I reduced the amount of butter and milk for a healthier version and it was just as good; and created grooves on the top to obtain a crispy finish.
Sirlion steak, with sauteed mushrooms with garlic and mash.
Hazel gets terribly annoyed but I still cut up her meat for her, trimming away gristle and fat.

Mark's portion.

2 comments:

Thanis Lim said...

Wow~ the steak atu medium rare~~ Yum~~ nice colour... that's how we should eat our steaks~~

Btw-- where can ya buy the best value and quality steaks di Brunei?

Foodie Tales said...

Hello Thanis - thanks for all your comments. I usually buy my steaks from Supa Save. I usually go for ribeye or sirloin and letting the cooked steaks rest for 5-10 minutes before serving produces a more tender, juicier meat. E.