Mostly food with the occasional handbags/shopping whatnots thrown in.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Porridge
Down with flu all week, I've hardly entered the kitchen but let me share some porridge pics with you. This porridge was made from a roast duck carcass. I added dried scallops & oysters and moss for extra taste and served up with century and salted eggs, fried shallots, ginger slices, soy sauce, white pepper and sesame oil.
Reedz - me too! Princess - I usually wash the rice, then soak with boiled water, salt, white pepper & dash of sesame oil for 2 hours or so. Then add to a pot with plenty of water, dried scallops and a piece of bruised ginger. And just boil until you the rice grains are completely broken up and a creamy consistency is achieved. Stir occasionally and add water when necessary. If you're rushed for time, you can start the boil process immediately and omit the soak process. Hello Su-Lin - I'm all better now thank you, the flu took 5 days to shake off. Nice to hear from porridge fans!
6 comments:
Oh yum!!! I love kai chook with century egg and char kueh!!
I LOVE the cantonese style of cooking porridge although I've not tried them myself. I like How the soft and creamy texture. Any tips? :D
:D I love porridge. Like you, I also cook it when I'm ill!
Hope you're better!
Reedz - me too!
Princess - I usually wash the rice, then soak with boiled water, salt, white pepper & dash of sesame oil for 2 hours or so. Then add to a pot with plenty of water, dried scallops and a piece of bruised ginger. And just boil until you the rice grains are completely broken up and a creamy consistency is achieved. Stir occasionally and add water when necessary. If you're rushed for time, you can start the boil process immediately and omit the soak process.
Hello Su-Lin - I'm all better now thank you, the flu took 5 days to shake off. Nice to hear from porridge fans!
i DO! So I am leaving you a note.. does that mean I get a pot of berrrrr now? :P Darns I haven't had century egg in awhile yummzz
p.s the soaking process makes it a whole lot yummier ;)
Hello CL - another berrrr fan! There will always be porridge for you in my home. AYM.
Post a Comment