Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dinner Party - Sat, 4th April 2009

Some good friends came round last night to share a meal with us. The star of the night was definitely:
PEKING DUCK!!
First time in our household. Lovely shreds of roast duck and crispy skin on a bed of sliced cucumbers, spring onions, hoisin sauce enveloped in a homemade dough wrapper.
The duck was bought in HK and frozen, then flown home with me recently.
The table - from top - a plate of finely sliced iceburg lettuce, roast goose, a platter of sliced cucumber, spring onions and hoisin sauce, shredded roast duck with lots of crispy skin, grilled vegetables and dough wrappers. Condiments were chili oil and plum sauce.


The dough wrappers made by Wm.

Grilled vegetables platter served cold.

Another look at the shredded roast duck.
Cucumber, spring onions and hoisin sauce.
Choice pieces of roast goose, we served the best parts only.

That's me and helper working on the birds.

And a candlelit picture of my dining table - I've Santana on, a glass of wine in my hand, house is prepared, kitchen under control and all logistics planned. There's nothing I like more than moments like these, waiting for lovely friends to come round to share a meal together, and the certainty that the night will be another fabulous one.

And a lit shot of the table.
Right now, I have to start preparations for Hazel's belated birthday party - I have 15 children ages ranging from 4 to 12 coming round in 5 hours, anticipating traditional party games, food and fun! Have a great Sunday, everyone!

No comments: