Saturday, April 5, 2008

Sat, 5th April 2008

I've just finished setting the table for tonight's dinner. I'll add the candle holders and gold candles to complete the setting later.

Here is my setting. Don't be alarmed by the many glasses.

There are glasses for champagne, red & white wine, water, and the tiny sherry glass is for a sweet dessert wine, a 2002 Botrytis Semillon so that makes 5 glasses in total.

Here are some of the starters to go with Turkish Bread.

Huge jar of roasted sweet garlic and anchovy dip.

Grav lax after 4 days - you can see the juices have seeped out of the little holes I've cut in the plastic wrap. Crushed foil have been put under the fillets to create a good 'drainage' system. The salmon smells very good. I can't wait to open and serve them tonight; in slices with a teensy squeeze of lemon.

Foie Gras

The aged balsamic vinegar and which I'll mix with some extra virgin olive oil with a tiny grating of raw garlic.

I also have some taramasalata which in the fridge - I'll take some of them out too. It will be wonderful with some smoked cheese on Turkish bread.

Dessert? Airflown fresh mango ice-cream.


Right, I better get off this chair and go work on the star of tonight's dinner - Black Angus Bone-in Rib Roast.

And finally, here is a quick glance at the menu card.

3 comments:

Senor Pablo said...

Wow E, that looks awesome. Whoever your guest will really appreciate the food, the company of the gracious hostess and the lovely ambiance of your home. Do check out my blog on my latest foodies. If u need any of the recipe, please let me know. Will be happy to email u. Have a great evening!

Foodie Tales said...

Hi Pablo - it was an easy comfy evening with good friends and lots of laughs. Your latest food post is great! (The mussels look particularly good and I would love the recipe). Hope all is going well with you. E.

Anonymous said...

Hi, what a feast and beautiful setting. You should start a business doing this. We wish we could be there to enjoy this wonderful meal but you will have to come to Van. to do this for us.

JS