Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hong Kong

Day 1 - 18th April 2008 - I arrived at Mum's apartment at around 4 pm, via train/taxi. Sat around for a while with Mum, unpacked the huge suitcase of stuff she had left behind on her recent 2 month stay here and unpacked my own almost empty suitcase (small bag of toiletries/1 thin cotton dress/2 tops and 1 pair cropped pants/1 pair of sandals). I intentionally packed light in anticipation of a good shopping haul ahead of me and I was right!
We went downstairs to the markets to buy crab and prawns for dinner and here is the fishmonger perched on top of his tanks to get our live crabs for us. We bought 2 lovely 'flower' crabs and some live prawns to steam.
Wm arrived (via Singapore) at around 9 pm to find this wonderful meal awaiting her.
And the rest of very simple home cooked food. We eat a lot of vegetables as you can see!

Lovely creamy chicken porridge. More vegetables with dried prawns. Kai Lan.

Watercress soup with minced beef

Gyoza. Wintermelon soup with fresh straw mushrooms. Roast Duck.
Cabbage with dried prawns.

Fresh straw mushrooms with tofu and garlic bulbs.

More fresh crabs on my last night (smaller than what we had on day 1 but still yummy).
That just about concludes my HK eating trip with the exception of a dimsum breakfast and lunch with the cousins.
I'll get back to cooking soon.

No comments: