Thursday, April 3, 2008

Grav Lax

Today I made Grav Lax for my special guests on Saturday. It takes a bit of time to obtain that translucent almost rubbery texture with the unique marinated taste - so I think 4 days will do the trick.

I bought 3 lovely pieces of 'fresh frozen' salmon fillets from Guan Hock Lee - my favourite gourmet paradise in Brunei for their variety of fresh frozen seafood, tuna, tinned and frozen escargots, pasta, anchovies, olive oil, cheeses and lots lots more.

I have 3 lovely fillets marinating away nicely in dill, wrapped tightly in clingwrap and stored in an air-tight container in the fridge. Tomorrow I will poke little holes in the clingwrap to drain away excess liquid.
Let's hope it's as good as the first one I made. Fingers crossed.


Here is a picture taken from my old blog.

No comments: