Friday, March 13, 2009

Ladies Tea - Fri, 13th March 2009

I had 3 beautiful ladies (and 1 extreme cute little young lady) over for tea this afternoon. We had a leisurely afternoon of food, fun, laughter and GREAT conversation. We sat in the living room and with the laden dining table close by, each of us made little trips to it for plate top-ups. Thank you for coming, ladies, I had a wonderful afternoon; and thank you again for the gifts you brought.

Here is the tea station which I set up near the dining table; I served 3 types of coffee (Ipoh White Coffee, Instant 3 in 1 Nescafe and Nescafe Gold) and 6 types of tea (Camomile & Spearmint, Lemon & Ginger, Green Tea & Jasmine, Peppermint, Japanese Green Tea and Chinese Dragon Well Green Tea). I had prepared fresh mint tea in the kitchen but forgot to serve it earlier so I'm drinking it now!

After this picture was taken, I set up a kettle on the table. There are 2 bottles of water for cooling down very hot coffee or tea and the xtra large coffee mugs will suit someone who loves a big coffee. There are little sachets of brown sugar in the basket, and a little jug of milk and my sugar pot became a little receptacle for used teabags and wrappers. Very much, an all in one service station. I was almost sad to put everything away this evening.

Cold drinks - orange juice with bitter lemon, ice lemon tea with fresh lemon slices and bottled green tea with plenty of ice to cool us down earlier in the afternoon when it was sweltering outside.


The menu:

Homemade Kolomee - extremely fresh - I bought the fishcake and noodles this morning from the fishcake factory in Menglait. And I made the meat sauce, kolomee sauce, fried shallots, blanched vegs, fried shallots, egg omelette myself at 11 am.

Cucur Udang and Fried Chicken Wings.

Crispy Cucur Udang with Shredded Carrot, Cabbage & Chillies

Salmon & Cucumber Sandwiches. Bread was bought this morning from SS and the salmon mayonnaise was made from a tin of wild sockeye salmon with skin and bones removed, Hellman's mayonnaise, grainy mustard, sweet red onion, a tiny sprinkling of parsley and salt/black pepper and some thinly sliced cucumber.

Spicy Boneless Chicken Curry with 'roti jala pancakes'. The helper deboned the chicken legs but I skinned and diced the meat myself, carefully trimming off the fats under the skin. Added one diced potato too.

The Tumeric Flavoured Pancakes.

A teensy serving.


DESSERTS
Almond Jelly with Longans - icy cold and refreshing.

Chocolate Fudge Cake and Carrot Cake - bought.

Wm made 10 individual portions of sago. We served them chilled with coconut milk and gula melaka.
Here you can see a little plate of Japanese jelly with peaches, some chocolates and some assorted kuehs.
Overall table shots.

More.
More pics on facebook soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm...hungrier now,
I want cucur udand and kolomee for lunch. Lynn xo

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I always read your blog especially for food inspiration. Can i just ask how do you make the sauce for the kolomee? It looks sooo nyaman. Hehe.

xoxoxo